So I saw this Facebook post saying “Never, Never, Give up”.
I love this for I was thinking one day. What is a persons lack or motivation towards better health and preventive medicine?
There are a lot of things, but I’m going to mention a few that has come to me.
1. We want to be healthy, but we don’t want to work for it or do the work that’s involved to be as healthy as possible(Which is what it takes, especially if we are blessed to get older).
2. We don’t care about preventive medicine or prevention. We are only reactive.
3. Back to being reactive, we’ll deal with it when we deal with it, if we have to. In other words, we’re complacent.
4. We have built bad habits that we do not want to break or work on to break.
5. We don’t want help even if we actually need it. Some people can and do, do it on their own. Yet in most cases we need help. Then we must be open and acceptive to the help given to us. Not fighting against it.
There will be no change in our wellness unless we seek and accept help daily. As well as accepting the hardships curtailed with the process. It’s not going to be easy. But the reward of better health will be a blessing to you. Otherwise everything in your life health wise will remain the same and if you’re fine with that, then okay.
Their may not be any guarantee’s in life but I believe in giving ourselves a fighting chance, which in essence is giving us our best chance.